2

Where in Isaiah will I find different names relating to Jesus? Examples; Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace?

Clarify Share Report Asked August 28 2014 Mini Daniel Jones

3
Q jcryle001 JD Abshire
Another name/title for the Lord prior to His incarnation is LORD of hosts and LORD GOD of hosts which appears 273 times in the KJV Old Testament. In the book of Isaiah alone LORD of hosts appears 53 times and LORD GOD of hosts 7. 

According to Strong's the name LORD is in reference to Jehovah (Yehovah) and used in the Bible to identify the "existing one", proper name the one supreme GOD of the Hebrews.
Hosts (tsaba) is that which goes forth, army. Our Lord and savior was the GOD of the armies of Israel. (I'm sure Pharaoh, the inhabitants of Jericho and Goliath would agree, to name just a few).

The identity of the LORD of hosts is given in Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (see also Isaiah 47:4)

"For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (Isaiah 54:5)

Just from these few references we can see our precious LORD was very active according to Old Testament record. He is the redeemer, the first and the last, the Holy One of Israel and God of the whole earth.

When he appeared to his disciples after the resurrection Luke 24:44-45 tells us "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

Yes, In the volume of the book it is written of him. (Psalms 40:7; Hebrews 20:7)

October 09 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
In the interest of a good answer to your question, I look at the many names of magnificence and Glory within the many 'names' of our Lord Jesus. These names are ones of extremely high attributes Jesus possesses. The verse of Isaiah 9:6 says this: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and, the government will be upon His shoulder, and, His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

God tells us in so many places in His Word that He is deserving...and, ONLY He is deserving of our praise, worship and glory.The Bible tells us that "He is a jealous God --and rightly so-- "for only He is God, He is the everlasting to everlasting; Only He is The Great "I AM! "For if ye glory in anything, Glory in the Lord". Jesus is our Mighty God! Jesus is our Everlasting Father! Jesus is our Prince of Peace! And..Jesus is our Most "Wonderful Counselor"! And, most important of All....He is our Savior, the lover of our very souls and the sacrifice and propitiation substitute for taking away our sins; to remove them "as far as the east is from the west". 

Praise God! We have a SAVIOR!....and, His name is Jesus Christ! AMEN!
~~Andy~~

August 05 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report