4

Does it say any where in the Bible that it is better for a man to plant his seed in the belly of a whore than on the ground?

Is that phrase from the Bible? If not, where did the saying originate?

Clarify (2) Share Report Asked August 26 2014 Mini Anonymous

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Joe Bell

In 1987 I was at a friends house, passing time, reading a Bible. I distinctly remember reading that exact phrase about being 'better to place your seed in a whore than on the ground'. The declaration was so profound, that I never forgot about it; the words stayed with me. However, throughout the years, when I tried to look up the exact scripture, I could never find it; it disappeared. Fact is, I know what I read, because I read it several times to make sense of it, analyze it.

Now I'm thinking the Bible I read that from was an obscure version containing a liberal translation attached to Gen 38. This has since perplexed me and confounded my sensibilities for purity sake. This is the reason why I stick to the KJV for clarity of content.

If anyone has read this in any of the many versions of the Bible, please speak up now. Blessings to all.

September 30 2019 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.