What is the significance of a city gate in the Bible?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Besides being part of a city's protection against invaders, city gates were places of central activity in biblical times. It was at the city gates that important business transactions were made, co...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
The gates of Hades means that no judgment or evil curse from the enemy shall prevail against the believer. No evil spoke against or plotted against the believer shall prosper.
"The gates (councils and strategies) of hell (satan) shall not prevail" against the onslaught of God.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible