Genesis 1:1 - 2
ESV - 1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.
Some food for thought.
1.Matt. 15:1-9..A traditional interpretation does not constitute Truth.
2. Acts 15:28 We should be asking the Holy Spirit with a attitude of humility.
3. Scripture is our plum line.
4. Are we willing to kick aside our opinions?
Some food for thought:
A. Does this question further the gospel of Jesus Christ?
B. Are God's people stopping the revelation ofHis truth bc of traditional interpretation Col 2:8, Mk.7:1-13.? If we look at what Scripture says we have to consider some things.
1. Ez. 28..We are introduced to The anointed cherub who covers who rebelled and was cast out of the mountain of God...notice vs. 13 days he was in Eden.
2. Is.45:18 says in reference to earth's creation, that He didn't relate it in (tohu Hebrew vain, formless).
3. Gen.1:2 "The earth was without form(tohu) & void (bogus empty ruin).
4. God is never wrong, nor contradicts Himself).
5. What (could) this mean?
6. Gen.1:2-3 Why would God tell Adam & Eve to replenish the earth?
7. Could it be when "the covering cherub was cast out of God's mountain which appears to have been in the first Eden that He brought destruction upon the earth as it was then?
8. Gen.1:2 Why was Holy Spirit hovering over a flood? Where inScripture is a flood mentioned unless God destroyed something? 2Peter 3:5-7.
9. God lives in olam... Eternal past - future. He creates time for us inGen.1:2-3...6,000 yrs. could start here.
10. The word "bohu" is used in: Jer.4:23, Is. 34:11,4:29;1Sam. 12:21.for destruction
The Gap Theory fails because it is not in the Bible! And it puts death before sin when the Bible says death is the end result of sin. And if something important had happened between Genesis 1:1 and 2, God would have told us so!