Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
In the proper setting, sex is not a sin. In fact, sex is God's idea. In Matthew 19:4-6, Jesus states with godly authority, "At the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For ...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
I don't want to confuse you (Christians who just started the faith) so I'm going to get straight to the point and answer this question. God said sex after marriage is not a sin but sex before marriage is.
Sex, in its proper context, that is marriage, is not a sin. In fact, it is unitive and procreative.
Sex, outside marriage, is a sin. This includes fornication, premarital sex, adultery, masturbation, contraception and sex with the same gender.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible