What is the gift of speaking in tongues?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The first occurrence of speaking in tongues occurred on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:1-4. The apostles went out and shared the gospel with the crowds, speaking to them in their own languages: "We...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
When I was young I was told that there are two different tongues. There is the interpretation and there is the prayer tongues. The prayer tongues, is used when you are praying directly to God and it is between you and God. Not for public use. It is drawn from deep within your soul.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible