1

Do Christian women have to submit to men or just their husbands?

Just wondering if women are called to submit to men,men in the church or their husbands only as some prominent bible teachers seem to believe that the former is the case. I believe this to be erroneous but can't seem to back it up scripturally.

Clarify Share Report Asked March 03 2014 Mini Anonymous

3
Q jcryle001 JD Abshire
I am not aware of a single verse in the Bible stating women should submit to ALL men. You certainly have no reason or obligation to prove anything. 
The burden of proof such a requirement exists would be the responsibility of the individual(s) making the claim. After all, they are the theologians. If it is there they should be able to go right to it. 

I am generally a pretty pointed person (oh...really?) but if I'm feeling graceful and not carnal at the time I hear some junk like that I will politely ask: "Would you please show me where that is found in scripture?"

March 04 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report