1

Are there other false Holy Spirits?

My Mormon friend converted one of my other friends to Mormonism, and when I realised, I became very upset because this system of beliefs is toying with his soul. He converted, saying he 'felt the Holy Spirit', when my Mormon friend said that it makes him feel 'powerful' (notice that is not 'humble' and the opposite of feeling like a slave of God with a purpose greater than one could create). I felt compelled to counsel them, although anything I say will offend them (because they can't face their doubts head-on). I understand that a lot of the Mormon popularity is a result of many believing that they will be gods.

2 Corinthians 11:4

ESV - 4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

Clarify Share Report Asked February 06 2014 Stringio George Adams

4
10154324 660559607325867 601417579 n Paul Bayne Business Owner, Husband and Father of Four Kids & Blogger
Sounds very similar to cultural Christianity today. 

There is only one Holy Spirit, a third part of the holy Trinity. Mormons are not Christians (i.e. saved), therefore the Holy Spirit will have no place in their lives, especially helping them "convert" others.

Mormonism is nothing more than a cult (my sister is involved as a Mormon Temple priestess), and they do not convert but deceive. There is little you can do to convince them unless the Holy Spirit is controlling the situation. 

Don't allow anyone to turn your head with slick, well-prepared dogma that sounds very similar to the truth. Charles Spurgeon said, 'Discernment is not knowing the difference between truth and error, but truth and almost truth'. 

There is much online regarding witnessing to a Mormon, but as I said, you will be banging your head up against the wall of "Eyes shut" syndrome. Pray and allow God to lead. Perhaps God says 'Hands off' and perhaps He might lead you into a situation where you will find yourself saying things you never thought of. 

As a slave, don't move unless you are commanded to.

February 06 2014 3 responses Vote Up Share Report