7

What does it mean when Jesus says "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30)?

Matthew 11:30

ESV - 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

32
The saying "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" is part of a larger passage (Matthew 11:28-30), in which Jesus tells all who are weary and burdened to come to Him for rest. He isn't speaking he...

3
Mini Salem Markus Purba
Since man has had a knowledge of good and evil, he/she had to experience pain, suffering and death as a manifestation of curses of the knowledge of evil (Genesis 3: 16-19).

Fortunately, man also has had a knowledge of good; a knowledge about God, who is good and His mercy endured forever (2 Chronicles 7: 3); and He, who has done everything well (Mark 7: 37) and, no one is good-except God alone (Mark 10: 18).

By believing and following Jesus, all evil matters symbolized in "yoke" and "burden"caused by the knowledge of evil will be overcome by the knowledge of good (John 16: 33) : a salvation on earth and in Heaven (John 3: 16-21).

June 25 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Merle Mullet A farmer bears witness to the miracle of life each spring
A yoke was a wooden beam which was placed across the shoulders of two animals working in tandem. It allowed them to direct their combined labor to a single task, accomplishing that which could not be done alone. Jesus is suggesting that we give up the idea of achieving righteousness by our own effort and be yoked together with him. In doing so we find that he shoulders the load and relieves us of the burden of sin which no person can overcome alone. When the burden of sin has been dealt with, we are released to live productive lives of joy, peace and purpose. "His yoke is easy, his burden is light..."

March 05 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report