How was God Himself the inheritance of the Levites?
Deuteronomy 18:1 - 2
1 The Levitical priests, all the tribe of Levi, shall have no portion or inheritance with Israel. They shall eat the Lord 's food offerings as their inheritance.
2 They shall have no inheritance among their brothers; the Lord is their inheritance, as he promised them.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Deuteronomy 18:1-2 says that the Levites had a very special inheritance from God: "The Levitical priests-indeed, the whole tribe of Levi-are to have no allotment or inheritance with Israel. They sh...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible