3

What did Jesus mean when He said 'Ask and you shall receive'?

29
Jesus said, "Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" in John 16:24. Similar statements are found in Matthew 7:7; 21:22; Mark 11:24; Luke 11:9; and John 15:7. Is this a blanket prom...

5
Data Bruce Lyon Elder: Restoration Fellowship Assembly
Jesus said we are to ask and we will receive, knock and the door shall be opened for you, seek and you will find..... all these are an outline of how we are to approach our God and our Father through the lord Jesus requesting those things that we have need of according to His will. God knows the end result as to what is best for us and we need to understand that when we don't get what we ask for, or a door isn't opened or what we are seeking isn't immediately forthcoming, it is because God know what is best for us and the best time for us to receive them.

That being said, if we ask Him for forgiveness, or to help us increase in faith or to have more of His spirit to overcome our natural inclinations and to do combat with the influences of this world, those are always given immediately if ask for in faith. Our God and Father truly deals with us as His little children and is always looking out for our best interest, leading us to the coming new age life in His coming Kingdom where we will co-inherit and co-rule with His beloved son Jesus.

From personal experience my God and Father has always given me what I have need of spiritually, physically, and emotionally. All that I have has come from His loving hand. The peace of mind I have knowing that He has my back and no harm can come to me unless He allows is a great blessing. As our physical fathers strove to keep us safe and secure and lead us to go the right way; our God and Father does so much more for us. What amazing grace to know that our God and Father has given to us His beloved son to guide us along the narrow path that leads to life in the coming new age and acts as our High Priest and our advocate before the throne of his God and ours, his Father and our. If God is for us, who can stand against us!

March 17 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report