1

What makes a born again Christian lie?

Clarify Share Report Asked December 31 2013 Mini Anonymous

3
Q jcryle001 JD Abshire
The same thing that makes a lost person lie, the Adamic sin nature. 
When a person becomes saved God gives them a new nature that cannot sin, the Holy Spirit who eternally indwells. This does not remove the old sin nature everyone was born with. Our thoughts, speech and actions reflect which of the two natures we are operating under at a given time.

I know in my own life when I have been out of fellowship with The Lord I will think, say and do things that are totally out of character for a Christian. The old sin nature is the "default operating system". 

If an individual had a bad case of lying before he was saved he will most likely do so when he becomes cold and carnal. That is, until The Holy Spirit takes him to the wood shed or he gets himself in trouble and repents.

I heard a preacher say that if we knew what was in the heart of the person sitting next to us in church, we would get up and move.

Another said that if the congregation knew what was in his heart they would not come to hear him preach. He also stated that if he knew the thoughts in their hearts of the congregation, he wouldn't waste his time preaching.

As with all believers, the Apostle Paul struggled just as we do today. Read Romans 7 and Galatians 5.

December 31 2013 5 responses Vote Up Share Report