2

What did Jesus mean when He said, 'I am the Bread of Life'?

John 6:35

ESV - 35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

13
"I am the Bread of Life" (John 6:35) is one of the seven "I Am" statements of Jesus. Jesus used the same phrase "I AM" in seven declarations about Himself. In all seven, He combines I AM with treme...

3
Mini Glen Jeffers Pastor and president of Christ In Us Ministries Int'l.
I will cover both His blood and His body since both refer to the Lord's Supper.
To drink His blood means I drink of the same cup of death that Jesus drank from. Jesus said the sons of Zebedee would drink of His cup (Matthew 20:20-28). To save my life I Must give of my life for Jesus and follow Him (Luke 9:23-24). This is the born-again experience (spiritual) where I go through a Holy Spirit baptism of fire, which is my being crucified with Christ and take up my cross daily (Romans 6:1-14, Galatians 2:20). Like you said it is not about physical elements but spiritual understanding and living that understanding. I can have all knowledge but without agape love I have nothing.

The bread and eating of His body is what happens after I make the commitment to follow Jesus. This is my growth from milk to solid food (Hebrews 5:5-6:4). Many make this commitment but not actually follow, Their mouth is for commitment but they never serve whole-heartedly (Numbers 14:24). This is my communion with the Lord and with Christ in that the sheep hear His Voice and follow Him (Deuteronomy 28:1-2, John 10:27, II Timothy 2:19). In the Timothy passage Paul gives a clear picture of what it means to following the Lord (called by Him and not a "Lord, Lord" person) and following Christ. For a short time I am on the milk as a carnal baby but as I mature I become more spiritual (conformed to Christ and producing the fruit of the Spirit) (I Corinthians 3:1-3). What is the solid food? It is the bread from heaven (Jesus) in the form of His Voice. The solid food is His Voice. Jesus said that man (ME) does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (Deuteronomy 8:1-3, Matthew 3:3-4). When I eat the bread of His voice (not just Bible) I eat the true bread of heaven and I live my life daily like Jesus - doing what he "tells" me to and "saying" what he tells me to say. If I do not obey in a timely manner the word spoils and I have missed an opportunity.

September 17 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report