What is the book of Amos?
1 The words of Amos, who was among the shepherds of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Author: Amos 1:1 identifies the author of the Book of Amos as the Prophet Amos.Date of Writing: The Book of Amos was likely written between 760 and 753 B.C.Purpose of Writing: Amos is a shepherd an...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible