19

Is it ever not a sin to masturbate?

Clarify (1) Share Report Asked July 01 2013 Mini Anonymous (via GotQuestions)

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Open uri20150204 6832 1j8lvb8 Carl Browning

Masterbation is really a struggle for most men who have been single all there adult life. My thought is this I find it almost impossible not to have a lustful thought and act upon masterbation.
I myself struggle with this and need daily prayer, there is so much sex on TV/music, easy access to nudity/porn on the web/cell phone and women or men who dress so skimpy/sexy. It sometimes makes the mind go in to overdrive and think of sexual impurity about that person you may know or not know.
I have books on the subject of temptation and masterbation, they just don't seem to help or sink in. I pray daily for deliverence from this addictve fleshly sinful habit.
Please do more relative research that will be understandable to someone who maybe 13 to 63 years in age.
Society is over selling sex in everything, we need to start with the younger generation. The Christian church needs to drive home purity of heart and mind, in the way we think, speak and act in our daily lives. This starts with who we are around family and or friend, also what we watch or look at, read, or what we hear and or listen to. And lastly how we act our maturity. Shows, movies, internet, music and books/magazines tend to captivate us, good or bad.
When what we need is Christ Jesus, prayer and a true Bible teaching church to help us. Please expand on my comment / answer and scripture verse's. I never seem to find all the scripture I need to combat these temptations. Please help, so that people can memorize scripture.
Thank You and God Bless

January 09 2014 Report

1352402783 Jean Atty

Masturbation is a sin as the bible says your body does not belong to you but to your husband or wife.

December 25 2014 Report

Open uri20140928 18921 rlqvd4 Susan Chapman

Every little thing you do in life opens up a door for a more serious sin to enter in. Giving into lust gives the enemy power to do much more. It seems like such a simple thing, but it actually creates a vessel for it to become so much worse. Reading the word of God is a much more productive activity, in every way.

September 10 2015 Report

Mini Jacob Kleve

It's a narrow road, also denial of the flesh is at that part of the race. Walk by faith!
Think of the shield of armor that also arrows of lust, desires etcetera can ricochet. (Ephesians 6).

April 03 2016 Report

Mini Jim C

Masturbation is okayed by God in Romans 14:14, where Paul says, "I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing in itself is unclean." This refers to the unclean ways talked about in Leviticus 15:16-19: "emission of semen;" and "women having their monthly periods." Both were taken off the "unclean list" in Romans 14. How masturbation got moved to the "sexual impurity" list ... I don't know. But, I don't ever think God considered masturbation to be a sin.

In the Old Testament, sins always had to be forgiven by a "sin offering." There is no mention of a sin offering needed in Leviticus 15 for "emission of semen," or "women having their monthly periods." Leviticus 15: 19 says, "When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean until evening." We don't hold women to this "7 day rule," nor do we expect women to tell us when they are having their period (so we can not touch them for those 7 days). Why did we change the classification of masturbation to "sexual impurity ?"

It used to be only considered by God to be "unclean" in the Old Testament. Then that "unclean" was overridden in Romans 14 by Paul with information coming from the Lord.

June 14 2017 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.