1

What is the correct translation of Psalm 22:16?

20
Psalm 22:16 reads, "Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet." The phrase "pierced my hands and feet" along with the context, is likely t...

1
1962835 886666591363615 5889782195995975036 n Vattachal-Vadakketil Thomas John alias V T John Rtd Joint.Registrar of Co-operative Societies, Kerala. India
In the Good News Bible Ps. 22:16 reads as follows "A gang of evil men is round me; like a pack of dogs they close in on me; they T E A R at my hands and feet." Taking into account the foot-note on that page a second reading is "A gang of evil men is round me; like a pack of dogs they close in on me LIKE A LION at my hands and feet" As a third reading we have " A gang of evil men is round me; like a pack of dogs they close in on me; THEY TIE at my hands and feet.
I agree that the version with the word is PIERCED is the most appropriate version..

January 19 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report