Is it allowable to use candles in connection with prayer?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
There is no biblical reason why we can't light candles while we pray or while we do anything else, for that matter. Candles are inanimate objects. They have no power, no strength, and no mystical o...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
It's permissible but not necessary. We should take caution not to become dependent upon any ritual to the point where it's difficult or impossible to act without it. In this case, the ritual is the candle and the action is prayer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible