4

Does the Bible instruct us to forgive and forget?

15
The phrase "forgive and forget" is not found in the Bible. However, there are numerous verses commanding us to "forgive one another" (e.g., Matthew 6:14 and Ephesians 4:32). A Christian who is not ...

5
Stringio Nancy Emmons
I believe it is imperative to forgive. God forgave us multitudes of sin and never rejected us. When we sin against God, we are called to repent and resolve to not sin again.

I believe it is imperative to forgive because unforgiveness makes us bitter and the bitterness separates us from God and others.

I do not believe that forgiveness requires us to fellowship with people who really are vicious and will continue to make our lives miserable or put us in danger physically or in our relationship with God.

January 25 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
In the simplest of terms...and answers that I can think of: YES! without a semblance of a doubt! "For if ye shall not forgive others, then your Father in Heaven shall not forgive you of your transgressions". There is an old saying that states: "That if ye shall harbor unforgiveness in your heart, it will rot your very soul". And, "to live in unforgiveness is to live in unrepentant discontent".

Point that God makes on this most important issue is this "Forgive and ye shall be forgiven!"
~~Blessings, Andy~~