6

What does the Bible say about getting a sex change?

32
Although sex-change operations are not specifically mentioned in Scripture, human sexuality is spelled out clearly, starting in Genesis: "So God created people in his own image; God patterned them ...

8
Mini Faith Cross Pastor/Line Supervisor at a car parts factory
Psalm 139 is a very good piece of scripture to bring comfort to anyone who is struggling with any physical attribute. Perhaps some feel that God fell asleep while you were being formed in your mother's womb, that there was some sort of mistake made. Whether it was a physical disability, a feature that you don't like, or something about your sexuality, any of these things could make us uncomfortable about ourselves.

The New Revised Standard Version, verse 13-16 says, 
13 "For it was you who formed my inward parts;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.
In your book were written
all the days that were formed for me,
when none of them as yet existed."

I love the concept of God sitting, knitting me in my mother's womb. He lovingly thought about every DNA stitch. Even the ones that I am not comfortable with, He planned them with care.

His purposes for me are beyond my comprehension, so any area of my physical body that I am not comfortable with, He saw it before it existed, and rather than stressing about it, and trying to change it, He would prefer that I come into contentment with His plan for me. Verses 23-24 says:
23 "Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
24 See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting"

His way is peace and contentment in Him. So rather than changing your physical form, it would be best for your inner man to come to peace with God's plans for your life.

May the Grace and Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be upon you, settling your mind and bringing purpose and contentment to your life.

January 31 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Stringio Steven Scott Grader for the Ontario Jail Ministry
When someone decides to get a sex change, that person is saying, "God, you know what? You made a mistake."

God NEVER makes mistakes! Don't do it!

November 01 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report