Why did Jesus say He came "to bring fire on the earth" (Luke 12:49)?
Lk 12:49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!"
This is ONE PUZZLING SAYING OF JESUS!
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
Fire is used to try or refine gold and silver.. it takes out impurities.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible