0

What are some verses in the Old Testament that tell us that God has a plan?

Clarify Share Report Asked October 30 2021 My picture Jack Gutknecht

2
The entire record of Biblical prophecy in both the Old and New Testaments, as well as the subsequent fulfillment of those prophecies hundreds or thousands of years later, provide the clearest possible evidence that God plans and knows (and has always known from eternity past) everything that will happen into eternity future.

Specific passages that come most readily to my mind in that regard are Psalm 33:11, Proverbs 19:21, Isaiah 14:24, Isaiah 25:1, Isaiah 41:4, Isaiah 46:10-11, and Jeremiah 29:11.

October 31 2021 1 response Vote Up Share Report

1
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
Genesis 28:15
“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
2. Genesis 50:20
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to keep many people alive.”
Psalm 33:11
“The plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.”
4. “The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.” – Psalm 37:23-24 (my life verses!)
5. Psalm 138:8
“The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your faithfulness, Lord, is everlasting;
Do not abandon the works of Your hands.”
6. Ecclesiastes 3:1
“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every matter under heaven—"
7. “The Lord of hosts has sworn: ‘As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand’.” – Isaiah 14:24 – a verse that Mr. Maas mentioned.
8. Isaiah 43:18-19

18 	“Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 	
19 	Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”	

9. Habakkuk 2:3
“For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
It hurries toward the goal and it will not fail.
Though it delays, wait for it;
For it will certainly come, it will not delay long.”

10. Jeremiah 29:11
“’For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for prosperity and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’”

In all the plans God has for us, our salvation is the most important one. He wants us to have a relationship with Him (Psalm 62:5-6).

God’s plan may not look like my plan. That can be a hard truth to swallow, but when I understand His plans are far better than anything I could come up with, the truth becomes a blessing. God’s word shows me over and over again how His plans always prevail. I may not know what the future holds, but I know that God ultimately wants good for his children. He gave His only child, Jesus, as a sacrifice for our sins so we that we could spend eternity with Him. In all the plans God has for us, our salvation is the most important one. He wants us to have a relationship with Him. As Solomon found out, everything else is meaningless. Melanie Campbell

October 31 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report