0

How can we rejoice always when Jesus said “blessed are those who mourn”?

Philippians 4:4

Philippians 4:2 - 9

ESV - 2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. 3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Clarify Share Report Asked June 01 2021 My picture Jack Gutknecht

2
I would say that there are two types of mourning -- temporal and eternal.

People (even Christians) may rightfully mourn in this temporal world over the sin, suffering, death that are still present; that break valued relationships that Christians have; and that were not God's original intent in creating the world and its inhabitants.

But when they do mourn, Jesus promises that they will be comforted. And the greatest of those comforts -- and one that allows Christians to rejoice even during such periods of sadness -- is knowing that Jesus has defeated the worst that the world can do, and, because of that, we will similarly and ultimately share along with Him in the greatest triumph possible -- eternal life in God's presence. They thus avoid the eternal mourning -- which Jesus described on multiple occasions (such as Matthew 8:12, Matthew 13:42, Matthew 22:13, and Matthew 24:51) as being characterized by weeping and gnashing of teeth -- that will be present among the unredeemed.

June 02 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
Tim made a strong point here:

MT 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

MT 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

MT 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

MT 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LU 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.