0

Why is Jesus' resurrection, mentioned in Matthew 28:6, the key to the Christian faith?

Matthew 28:1 - 10

ESV - 1 Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb. 2 And behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone and sat on it.

Clarify Share Report Asked March 24 2021 My picture Jack Gutknecht

2
The sacrificial shedding of Jesus's blood on the cross paid the penalty demanded by God for the sins of all humanity, but it was His resurrection to live forever (which was a unique historical event, and unlike the "temporary" resurrections that Jesus performed during His earthly ministry -- including (as a minimum) Jairus' daughter; the son of the widow of Nain; and Lazarus -- or that were performed by other Biblical figures such as Elijah (1 Kings 17:17-23)), that validated the sufficiency of that sacrifice in God's sight. As Paul explained in 1 Corinthians 15:12-34, if Christ was not raised in that manner, our faith in Him is futile, and we are still under God's condemnation because of our sin.

March 24 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
It's key because Jesus rose from the dead just as he promised:

(Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.)

Matthew 27:63
"Sir," they said, "we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise again.'

Thus, we can have faith that He will do everything He said He would do, e.g. John 14:1-3 NLT

14 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."

I'm getting homesick for heaven already. How about you?

A beautiful male/female duet of this verse can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxnJk9WKI8

March 26 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report