2

What are the keys to resisting temptation?

15
Nelson's Bible Dictionary defines temptation as "an enticement or invitation to sin, with the implied promise of greater good to be derived from following the way of disobedience." Resisting tempta...

3
Stringio Bethany Barber my profession is a sub bus aide for handicap children.
Make God #1 in your life, Stay prayed up, read your bible daily, fast and fasting doesn't have to be from food as most think you can fast from t.v., anything, stay alert of the enemies attacks and his wear abouts don't go to a place where you know you will be tempted.

December 16 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Karen Reid
We have been given the swords of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Jesus was not strengthened to resist sin by his 40 day fast; in fact, He was weakened. It was at the end of His fast that the enemy came to Him and tempted Him. But Jesus wielded the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word. Three times He said, "It is written...it is written...it is written..." When I've been tempted lately, I've been saying to Satan, "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires" (Romans 13:14). And I also remind Satan as well as myself that "Those who are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8).

July 23 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report