0

What did Jesus mean when he said, "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom."?

Matthew 26:29

ESV - 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Clarify Share Report Asked May 26 2020 Mini Anonymous

1
Jesus spoke these words at the Last Supper, at which He also instituted the observance of the Eucharist, and commanded His followers to partake of the sacrament regularly in remembrance of Him.

However, I would say that (as indicated by His words in the cited verse) He did not intend the sacrament solely as a backward-looking memorial to Him, but also as a means of prompting them to look forward (past whatever hardships or persecution they might endure for His name's sake in this life and world) to the promise of eternity, when (as He said) the redeemed will once again (and forever) share the fruit of the vine with Him in God's fulfilled kingdom.

May 26 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Tor Tor Edge
There are 8 different kingdoms mentioned in scriptures, 1) the kingdom of God 2) Satan's kingdom,3) gentile kingdoms, 4) the Jewish kingdom - Israel, 5) the kingdom of heaven, 6) the Antichrists kingdom, 7) Christs kingdom, 8) the Fathers kingdom. 

The misunderstanding of these 8 kingdoms and the misapplication of the scriptures regarding them has led to much confusion and caused many well meaning Christians to veer off on tangents, and may even have been instrumental in the formation of some modern cults. The final kingdom “also referred to as “the fathers kingdom“ will be entered into after every enemy is destroyed including death, and Christ ends his earthly kingdom reign of 1000 years by turning his kingdom over to the Father, and at that point all power and authority are given back to the Father. 

This is what Jesus means when he says he will not drink it again until he does so in the Father's kingdom. For an excellent and scholarly treatise of this subject of kingdoms in the bible- see the book entitled "Eight Kingdoms" by M.Pearl. I believe it is available on Amazon.

June 17 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report