0

How can my husband think he is forgiven and will enter the kingdom of God when he has been unfaithful and a porn addict off and on for 20 years?

He still sings in church, but his private life is full of sin. Will he be forgiven and enter God's kingdom?

John 3:5

ESV - 5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Clarify Share Report Asked March 26 2020 Mini Anonymous

1
Mini Billy P Eldred
Great question! 

There are many who would say as long as he says he believes Jesus died for his sins that he is saved and always will be. The Bible says even demons believe. I believe there is more to it than that.

I am not saying that once he is saved, by sinning he loses that salvation. I am saying that if he believes it is okay to sin because he is forgiven, then he might want to take a hard look at whether he is really saved and if he really believes Jesus is who he said He is! And if he was once saved but has chosen to reject Jesus in favor of his life of sin. 

I believe that the rejection of Jesus is the unforgivable sin. (Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God are all the same in three different entities) I believe that one can reject Jesus at any time, before or after becoming Saved.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.” John 15: 5-6

Jesus: “ Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching”. If you really believe Jesus is who he says he is, Will you not love Him? And loving Him, follow his teaching? Repenting from sin.

I would say that he should start by reading Jesus parables and His explanations of them. He needs to understand a need for repentance and make SURE he is on good terms with the one who can save him. 

All that being said, I don’t know that you are the one who should share this with him. Maybe a pastor would be better to approach him.

May God bless you and a final word of advice. Pray for him. Not that God would change him but that God would bless him. If you pray that and mean it, I believe you both will be blessed.

March 27 2020 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Tjart3 Thomas Riccardi Warrior Spirit
I feel the hurt in your question. The enemy (satan) will use weaknesses in us to distract us from the Lord and what he has planned for us. I think it is best written in scripture in the book of Jude...Jude 1:22-23 22: Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear-hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh. 

In other words, hate that sin but love your husband and may the Lord heal him from this addiction. It is the enemy who is behind all this...I pray the Lord open your husband's eyes and heart to repentance.

March 27 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Monya Wilkins
1 Corinthians 12:6
There are different ways of working, but the same God works all things in all men. 

I am moved by your question and understand your concern for his spiritual well being. If he will be forgiven and allowed into Heaven isn't your concern. That is God's and you need to give it to him. In our walk as Christians, it is our duty to know when God is talking to us. After all, isn't this a personal relationship with Him? I think God is talking to you. It is not your responsibility to "fix" your husband. All you can do is continue to pray for him, show God's love to him and then leave it up to God how he will work this. Pray to God about your feelings of compassion and understanding. Perhaps your husband needs to seek addiction help from a professional. Is there an underlying cause for porn watching? If so then an open conversation between you and him is vital. It will be difficult but you can't grow as a couple in God if you don't communicate without judgment and then pray. I wish both of you all the blessings that God has in store for you.

March 28 2020 1 response Vote Up Share Report