0

Why was there so little concern for the 99 sheep left "in the open country"? (Luke 15:3–7)

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Luke 15:3 - 7

ESV - 3 So he told them this parable: 4 What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?

Clarify Share Report Asked February 10 2020 My picture Jack Gutknecht

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Donna Williams

Knowing the Good Shepherd as I do, He is concerned about all of His sheep, and I am certain that He made provision for the protection of the ninety nine.

I am so thankful that the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost!

February 12 2020 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.