7

How can I know if I am one of the elect?

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini James Sanders

If there is predestination by God and only the elect will be saved, Does that nullify free will? It is my understanding that God wants all to be saved and not the ones he "chooses." Can He really choose Henry and not Harold? Where is the free will if that is true?
It is my understanding that anyone can choose to accept or reject our Lord which indicates free will; to me anyway.

March 08 2014 Report

Mini James Kraft

The reason that those that say 'Lord, Lord' could not enter in is because they thought they had saved themselves by obedience instead of trusting in what Jesus did on the cross for them. Many believe they can make themselves good enough to go to heaven. They even do good works or so they think. But, good works will not save us. Only faith in what Jesus did on the cross plus nothing else is the only way to heaven.

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life. When we put our trust in Him for our salvation He gives us His perfect righteousness so that we do not have to depend on our own righteousness for salvation.

By grace you are saved, through faith, not of works lest any man should boast. Jesus said by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

It is only by believing the Jesus work on the cross paid our sin debt in full. No sin, past, present, or future can keep us from the love of god.

If you have put your faith in Jesus alone you are one of the elect.

September 11 2015 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.