What age was Jehoiachin when he began his reign?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Second Kings 24:8 declares, "Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he began to reign," while 2 Chronicles 36:9 says, "Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign." Skeptics and critics are quick t...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
How old was Jehoiachin when he became king? I agree with Michael’s answer that this was probably a copyist error. Most likely, Jehoiachin was 18 when he became king. The age given in 2 Kings 24:8 is most likely accurate because he had wives at that time (2 Kings 24:15). An 8-year-old doesn’t have wives!
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible