0

When did Jesus create the angels? Before heaven and earth or after?

Clarify Share Report Asked July 30 2019 Mini Anonymous

2
I would say that heaven (or, specifically, the "third heaven", as God's abode) has existed eternally, since God is eternal. I would also say that the creation of the angels then preceded God's other creative work, as indicated by passages such as Job 38:4-7, which refers to the angels (as the "sons of God") shouting for joy at God's other creative work, such as the visible stars (in the "second heaven"), and the earth itself with its atmosphere (the "first heaven").

0
Mini Joseph Wright
There does not seem to be any reference to anything that existed, apart from God, in eternity past. As the Bible is the whole, complete, and correct account of existence; as angels, the heavens, and all other things are created, and as the Bible gives only one account of creation, it would be logical to assume that angels were created in the seven days of creation. That being said, the most likely day for their creation would be the first day. Light if often associated with the glory of God, and the primary purpose of angels is to witness and minister to God. 

We know that all things in creation were created in the six days (Genesis 1:1, Exodus 20:11). We know that angels existed before the earth (Job 38:4-7). Beyond that there is no clear answer though, and all answers beyond that are purely speculative.

August 16 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini THEODORE FREITAS
Genesis 2:1
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Isaiah 45:12
"It is I who made the earth, and created man upon it I stretched out the heavens with My hands And I ordained all their host.

So seems in Genesis angels were created after the heavens and earth.

August 14 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report