0

How do I encourage my fiance to figure out what exactly he believes in, especially since I intend on taking our future children to a Pentecostal church?

He believes there is something greater than us out there, but he isn't entirely sure what to call it. He loves that I am Christian because of my personality and comes to church with me at times, but I want to see him fully embrace God. I feel like he is too afraid to give up his free will and surrender himself fully. 

Clarify Share Report Asked July 27 2019 Mini Anonymous

0
Do you intend your wedding to be performed by a Pentecostal pastor? Ministers in churches that I have been familiar with have required couples planning to be married by them to engage in a period of pastoral counseling prior to the ceremony being performed. Perhaps such discussions could either bring your fiance to faith, or give you a fuller understanding of the specific fears or reasons as to why he cannot, will not, or even perhaps may never, share your faith.

If your fiance flatly refuses even such participation, perhaps that would give you further insight as to whether (regardless of your feelings for him) he would truly be the right partner for an apparently committed Christian such as yourself. Surely it would be preferable to resolve that question or issue prior to being married (if not through discussions with a pastor, then with a secular counselor), rather than having to deal with it afterward, especially if future children might be involved.