5

What does it mean to be an ambassador for Christ?

6
In a letter to the Corinthians, the apostle Paul discusses the ministry of reconciliation, and he uses the term "ambassadors" for Christ: "All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through...

July 01 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
My short and simple answer I submit: To be an ambassador for Christ is the responsibility given by Christ to all His Children "to go forth and share, teach and give witness of the Good News of His eternal sacrifice given at the cross at Calvary! (To share Christ's Salvation truth to anyone and everyone!) This is God's Great Commandment (Commission)! "For He (Jesus) came to save that which was lost and in need of a Savior"! "For it is IN the very name of The one and only begotten Son (JESUS CHRIST) of Almighty God our Father in Heaven by which we can be saved and be found pure, Holy and Righteous in His presence at His Thrown of Grace in Heaven"!

This is the work (of and the purpose of) that Our Lord Jesus Christ accomplished just a little over 2000 years ago!

May you and your household put your unyielding FAITH (belief), trust and confidence IN The Name of Jesus Christ, Our Lord so that your names will be written In The Lamb's Book of Life for all eternity! AMEN..., and, AMEN!

"Praise God that He provided a Savior! And, His name is Jesus Christ!"

~~~Andy~~~

September 03 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Tim Beeker
YeHoshua, in His "great commission" said to baptize (teach) in the authority of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Ruach HaChodesh.

An ambassador has the authority of the ruler who has sent him or her. So it is with those who are faithful and obedient. They will carry with them the authority that YeHoshua spoke of in Mt. 21:23-27, where we see: And when He had come into the Set-apart Place, the chief priests and the elders of the people came to Him as He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these? And who gave You this authority?” And יהושע answering, said to them, “I shall ask you one question too, which if you answer Me, I also shall say to you by what authority I do these: “The immersion of Yoḥanan, where did it come from? From heaven or from men?” So they reasoned among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He shall say to us, ‘Then why did you not believe him?’ But if we say, ‘From men,’ we fear the crowd, for all hold Yoḥanan as a prophet.”  And they answered יהושע and said, “We do not know.” And He said to them, “Neither do I say to you by what authority I do these."

It is the same, today, when one speaks with authority that is given through a proper understanding of Scripture.  Those who do not have a proper understanding will treat those who do with the same contempt that the Messiah, His disciples, and Rav Shaul all experienced.

August 22 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report