Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. Its official name is "Day of Ashes," so called because of the practice of rubbing ashes on one's forehead in the sign of a cross. Since it is exactly 40 days...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible