What is the doctrine of eternal Sonship and is it Biblical?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The doctrine of eternal Sonship simply affirms that the second Person of the triune Godhead has eternally existed as the Son. In other words, there was never a time when He was not the Son of God, ...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Let us remember three fundamental aspects.
Firstly our Lord Jesus is the self existing and uncreated son of God as we read in John 1:1-2.
Adam was the created son of God as we read in Luke 3:38
And we the believers are the recreated sons of God in Christ Jesus as we read in John 1:12&13.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible