0

Are the visions of people who glimpse hell in near-death / after death experiences real?

I hear a lot of people on YouTube having clinically died and then experiencing  hell. They all seem to return back to life as converted Christians. Could this be true?

Clarify Share Report Asked October 23 2018 Mini Anonymous

6
I think that God would be capable of providing such experiences, but I also think that they may have other causes stemming from the mental or psychological history or activity of the individual. What I am CERTAIN of, however, is that all information necessary for humans to know in this present life with regard to eternity is found in the Bible, apart from any accounts of near-death experiences. (Also, I myself have never heard of any such accounts that directly contradicted information already found in Scripture.)

If people require additional, extra-Biblical proof or validation in the form of a near-death experience before they will believe, I would only say that, in my opinion, they would fall into the same category as those unbelievers who were always demanding signs from Jesus, and who were never satisfied, regardless of what proofs He provided. If God would play a role in providing them with a vision that causes them to become Christians, that (in my opinion) would just be one more sign of His grace (undeserved mercy) and love toward them.

October 23 2018 1 response Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini andrew kameya
If one attributes near death experiences to physiological things, then a brain without oxygen, for whatever length the death experience was, would definitely cause brain damage. Everyone who had an NDE - whether they went to heaven or hell came back changed for the better, and they would rather stay in heaven. Read the lyrics of "Live Like You're Dying" (not biblical, not NDE but close enough).

If I were given a chance to have an NDE with the possibility of death,
I would take it. In either case, I win. Heaven is very nice. I am healthy (no meds), ambulatory, "young" (75) in a retirement community, no pain.
Everyone in a retirement community is waiting to cross the final river as described in Pilgrim's Progress.

How do I know that Heaven is really nice? I have vivid dreams. When I was young, the Australian aborigines talked about dreaming. I thought they were a bit strange. Now that I am older and have vivid dreams, I love dreams more than being awake. So, now I am a bit strange.

Spend time with Sid Roth on Youtube for more NDE's and other things.
I have more to share but it is bedtime for me.

April 10 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Aurel Gheorghe
Near-death experiences (NDEs) seems to be ubiquitous lately - stories about those who “died” and came back, who recount being in hell or heaven, even though they were not actually dead, only near-dead. But are these stories true? 

I have no reasons to doubt the sincerity of some NDEs stories, although there are several well publicized and documented hoaxes that deceived and confused the public, but sold lots of books. 

However, no one should be confused about what happen when we die – the Bible, both the OT and NT, has a lot to say about the state of the dead. Jesus Himself in John 11:11-14 is saying that dead is sleeping. Lazarus (Mary and Martha’s brother) when he died did not go to hell or heaven. He was in his grave and did nothing, he slept just as the Bible tells about death. David sleeps is in his grave awaiting the resurrection - he did not ascend to heaven or descended into hell (Acts 2:29). 

According with Bible teachings, in the grave there is no awareness, no work, the dead know absolutely nothing (Ps 13:3; 115:17; Eccl 9:5, 6; Job 14:12). 

At Christ second coming everyone will receive their reward, not upon death: the saved eternal life, the wicked will be cast in hellfire (Daniel 12:2; Rev 22:12; 1 Thess 4:16, 17; 1 Cori 15:51, 52, 53; 2 Peter 2:9).

In my opinion, NDEs are the result of improper levels of oxygen in the brain or side effects from medication or anesthetics used during medical procedure.

October 25 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report