What did Jesus mean when He said, 'He who has ears to hear'?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
In the Gospels, Jesus speaks of those who have "ears to hear" at the end of a difficult saying or parable (e.g., Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9, 23). Who is "he who has ears to hear"? Better yet, who is "...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
STANLEY S. DRANE
He means that he/she must not only hear the word of God, but obey and believe what it says, that it will help them to love everybody. Be aware of falsehood.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible