0

How should a Christian view hand based biometrics? Could it be the prologue to the mark of the beast?

My employer is about to compulsorily introduce hand based biometric scans for entry to/exist from the workplace and to access certain systems within the office (ie printers). Refusal to partake, except for physical inability/disability(ie amputees, lack of fingerprints) will result in termination of employment.  We have used swipe cards for the last three decades without any apparent significant problems and the use of biometrics in the office seems out of all proportion to any potential security concerns.  Even if such biometrics are not the actual MOTB, given it seems to be the prologue to such or corralling us into/softening us up for the likes of the MOTB, how would God view a Christian engaging in the use of such biometrics?

Revelation 13:16 - 17

NKJV - 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads. 17 And that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Clarify Share Report Asked August 17 2018 Mini Anonymous

1
Mini Shaunta Cassady
I am a new Christian. But from what I understand from what the word says there will be a mark placed upon humanity during the end times. I think letting anyone place a mark, microchip, tattoo, or any thing on or in the body anywhere is a mistake.

August 17 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Speaking just for myself, I would not attach any end-times significance to these developments. It seems to me that the mark of the beast is presented in Revelation as a way of making people identical or alike. By contrast, I would say that biomarker technology focuses on the unique characteristics that God has given to each of us as individuals, and that nobody else on earth (except, for some such attributes, in the case of identical siblings) has possessed or will possess in the past, present, or future. For the legitimate security-related purposes for which they are used (such as I encountered during 35 years of working for the U. S. government), there is no more effective or impregnable means of ensuring the level of protection required for highly-sensitive information or work settings.

August 17 2018 1 response Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Aurel Gheorghe
The mark of the beast is not a physical mark, a chip or some sort of technology – the mark is about worship. If an authority or employer forces people to wear a chip, ID card or whatever, would that stop anyone from worshipping God and keeping His commandments? (Rev 14:7; Rev 14:12) Of course not! Would God reject anyone who is obeying and serving Him but has received a chip or a ID card? Not at all! The only way to receive the mark would be to turn your back to God and His Commandments, and and worship a false god - the beast. This issue is about WORSHIP. 

Why was Abel killed? (Gens 4) Because he worship God the right way. Why were Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego cast into the fiery furnace? (Daniel 3) Why was Daniel thrown into the lions’ den? (Daniel 6) Because they refused to worship man-made gods and were faithful to the true God.

Now could a chip or ID card be used to keep track of people in the end times? Could this technology be used to stop those who refuse the mark of the beast from "buying and selling"? (Rev 13:17) Absolutely! Imagine trying to use your Credit Card or Apple Pay to buy something and being told that your account is blocked. That would be an economic embargo enforced at the individual's level. But in of itself, technology cannot be the beast's mark that causes God’s wrath.

God is concerned with how we worship Him and He is seeking those who worship in spirit and truth. No one should be deceived into thinking that the mark of the beast is a microchip or ID card (Rev 13:14).

The real mark of the beast is a spiritual mark that is received as a result of rejecting the true God.

August 18 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Open uri20160927 330 1enriub Paul Stewart
IMHO, I would not receive this body modification. It would go against my conscience and my understanding of the Word. I would pray and if you feel uneasy do not receive it. Your faith and obeying the leading of the Lord is more important than any job.

August 23 2018 1 response Vote Up Share Report

0
Hpim2228 %283%29 Rich Hazeltine
Many believers understand that the mark of the beast was a reference to the Roman requirement for trade and part of the oppressive rule the Jews were under. Caesar declared himself to be god and demanded worship. We also believe that all of this was fulfilled in 70 AD when the temple was destroyed. The idea of a rapture and all that, is an almost exclusively American belief.

August 24 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report