0

What can I do to positively influence my adult daughter, who has no interest in God, to become a Christian?

My daughter lives where Mormonism is very prevalent . She just moved there a year and a half ago. Prior to last week, for the 30 years I’ve known her, she has had no interest in God or anything related to Him or His teachings. What can I do?

Her father and I are both Christians. I’ve been praying for her salvation all these years. Is there something else I should be doing? I can’t have her read a book or listen to a sermon against it or for Christianity because she won’t accept either. Thank you,

Romans 9:8

ESV - 8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.

Clarify Share Report Asked May 18 2018 Mini Anonymous

0
With regard to your daughter's lack of interest in religious matters, I would have to agree with Mr. Oswin's discussion comment.

Since you and your husband are both Christians, your daughter should have been introduced to Christ and the Bible through teaching and your example (including church attendance) during her formative years.

If she then chooses as an adult to differ from her upbringing, the most that you can do is to continue to keep lines of communication open with her; encourage or reinforce any sign that she may show of developing an interest in Christianity; and count on the possibility of her eventually changing her opinion based on the Bible's teaching (Proverbs 22:6) that if a child is trained up in the way that he or she should go, he or she will not depart from it when old (although that could mean reaching spiritual maturity, which may not correspond to any particular chronological physical date).

Also (with specific reference to Mormonism), I would again say that, if your daughter was provided with a knowledge of the Bible and of Christian teachings while she was under your care, she should be able to discern and refute (at least in her mind) the ways in which the teachings of the Seventh-Day Adventists depart from orthodox Christianity.

Finally, keep praying, and never doubt its power to ultimately address your situation.

In any event, however, your daughter's eternal state is ultimately her decision and responsibility, for which she (and not you) will be held accountable by God.

May 25 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report