0

Will there be any need for the Holy Spirit to dwell within us when we get to heaven? If not, what will be the role of the Holy Spirit in heaven?

John 16:7

NKJV - 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

Clarify Share Report Asked March 20 2018 Mini Anonymous

1
Paul spoke in Ephesians 1:13-14 of the Holy Spirit's presence within Christians during their earthly lives as the "earnest" (or "down payment", if you will) of the full redemption that believers will experience in the world to come.

In eternity, the redeemed will be in the very presence of the Triune God in all His fullness and glory, and (in my opinion) will be experiencing Him and filled with Him in ways that we cannot even conceive of in this life. In that setting, I believe that the Holy Spirit will continue to glorify Jesus. As He helped the redeemed on earth to pray to the Father and the Son (Romans 8:26), He will then assist them in offering praise and thanksgiving to God forever.

17 hours ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report