4

What does the Bible say about discernment?

14
The word discern and its derivatives are translations of the Greek word anakrino in the New Testament. It means "to distinguish, to separate out by diligent search, to examine." Discernment is the ...

2
Image Mike Joshua Sinner saved by grace to serve and witness wherever I can
I struggle with discernment amid debate with unbelievers around certain 'hot' topics that are prevalent in our society. 

Sometimes I engage the debate and wind up after it feeling that silence and avoidance would have been better. I silently pray for wisdom and stick to the facts when debating and make reference to my own personal testimony to avoid offending others and it still doesn't end how I'd like it to with a sympathetic listening to what God has done for the world. 

On reflecting on it, it simply reassures me that salvation begins and ends with God. It is for none of us to presume we can incite thoughts of salvation, we can only tell what we can, when the time and opportunity presents itself and let God Water the seed. Paul wrote this principle in the bible (plant seed and let God water it) and amid wise discernment of when to engage and when to remain silent I pray that I get better at it. 

Solomon was a giant of wisdom, but still faltered. We are only human and fallible, praise God He has the final say in all things.

January 26 2017 1 response Vote Up Share Report