4

Can women serve as deacons in the church?

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Data Johnny Crawford

We have so many different congregations today that would say yes woman can, whilst others would completely disagree, and if I was to allow myself to listen to all the different views I would be so confused. We could even use the scripture to back up our own ideas as well. I believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to us today as clearly as then, why do I believe this, I feel Him burn in my heart and I have a relationship with Jesus. Reading the bible and understanding the message, requires us to pray and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. I believe woman would have been used in those times as deacons/servants, as to what they actually did, is another question. One thing we really need to be mindful of is, we all should follow Jesus and listen to His voice. If the Lord makes it right in my heart then, in all I do I will trust in Him. Romans 14

August 17 2016 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.