What does it mean to sow the wind and reap the whirlwind?
7 For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. The standing grain has no heads; it shall yield no flour; if it were to yield, strangers would devour it.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Hosea 8:7 makes the enigmatic statement, "For they sow the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." This proverb is known in modern times for its use in military speeches and as a title for a scie...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible