1

Why was it necessary for the angel to come to roll the stone away when Jesus was able to miraculously appear through walls?

John 20:2

NASB - 2 So she ran and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.

Clarify Share Report Asked January 07 2017 Mini Charles Adcox

4
I agree that, after His resurrection, Jesus was no longer bound by constraints of space or time. However, perhaps the angel came down from heaven and rolled the stone away as a testimony to others. If the stone had been left in place, it would not have been immediately visibly apparent to all that Jesus was no longer in the tomb.

Also, the angel remained, in order to explain what had happened to the women who came to the tomb, since the guards were apparently either in a state of unconsciousness, or had left the tomb, either in fear or to report what had happened (Matthew 28:4-11).

January 08 2017 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

3
Mini A F
The stone was rolled away for a sign to the living that something was amis. Upon closer scrutiny, the body of Christ was missing. Eventually, He appeared to them in His changed body proving to all the world that He indeed was the Christ. I am ecstatic that He invited me to see Him. Do you know how lucky we are that the Father has given us knowledge to see Him, to be chosen (elect) by Him. I am truly blessed. Because I feel so privileged and unworthy, I pray everyday for ALL people that He will melt their hearts, change their minds, and bend their knees to ask for His forgiveness and grace. Hallelujah what a Savior.