What does it mean that 'the Lord said to my Lord'?
1 The Lord says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
In Psalm 110:1, David says, "The LORD says to my Lord: 'Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool'" (ESV). In Matthew 22:44, Jesus quotes this verse in a discussion with the Ph...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible