Who were Hymenaeus and Alexander, and what does it mean that their faith was shipwrecked?
1 Timothy 1:19
19 Holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith.
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Hymenaeus and Alexander were men in the early church in Ephesus who had "suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith" and so were "handed over to Satan" by the apostle Paul (1 Timothy 1:19-20). Hym...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible