0

What does the Bible say about hope?

8
The Bible has quite a lot to say about hope. Biblical hope has as its foundation faith in God. The word hope in English often conveys doubt. For instance, "I hope it will not rain tomorrow." In add...

0
Mini Shirley H Wife, mother, veteran in the spiritual war we all face!
The Hebrew word for hope signifies "to wait with expectation." When I think of hope in the Bible I think of, Romans 5:5, "Now hop does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

But, the most important hope to me is: Titus 2:12 & 13 - "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (vs14) who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

Luke 21:36, "Watch therefore and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

My hope is built on Jesus Christ's blood and righteousness. 

I am watching, waiting and hoping!

March 30 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report