3

Why does God allow evil men like Hitler and Saddam to come into power?

7
The Bible says that God is sovereign. This means that He is ultimately in control of everything, not just some things. He is in control of the weather (Psalm 148:8), life and death (Psalm 104:29-30...

3
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
My, as per usual, 'simple' answer on this topic is not in anyway a contradiction to all previous or yet to come answers. My take on this is that God is sovereign, omnipotent, omnipresent and in control, but not in the way our 'human minds' can comprehend. What do I mean by this? Well, what I mean is that God sees, knows and has foreknowledge of every single event, thought, deed, intention, both good or bad....simply, EVERYTHING in totality! He is "the Alpha and Omega"! He is "The Great....I AM."

So "Why does He allow evil men, like Hitler or Saddam or ISIS terrorist to come into control or power?" My reply would be that 'God is in control...!' And, "we can't comprehend His ways nor understand His ways, for only He is God". He tells us that He loves us more than we can understand. He tells us to "lean not upon our own understanding, but trust in the Lord in all our ways and He will direct(guide) our pathways". God has a purpose and reason(s) for allowing evil people to do bad things, just like He allowed Satan to 'really' test Job in the Old Testament. (Job 1:1-11) For many, many things that happens to any or all of God's children, many are bad and we immediately don't understand how and why! But, again He tells us to simply "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul, and He will direct your paths". It's all about faith, trust and obedience unto Him as our creator and eternal savior! (Proverbs 3)

With this 'mental picture' of our understanding to some degree of the sheer magnitude of His power, ability to know and see in advance, but still 'give man his free will in every single thought and/or action, we by faith are to put our trust in God and, as always...HE is still in control!' Is this possible for us to fully comprehend?...I think not!

Point being is this: God knows all, sees all, allows what meets His tolerances and most importantly, He has our existence and well being at the very center of His heart, His love and adoration for His most precious creation, Man! We are "to live by faith, not by sight"!

"God so loved the world, that He sent His one and only begotten Son to die on that cross at Calvary, to die for and take on all our sins that we may have a home in Heaven with Him for eternity". 

"Praise God that we have a Savior! And, His name is Jesus Christ".
--Andy--

March 16 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Billy P Eldred
I only add this answer as a personal perspective. It is not from the Bible but does incorporate my understanding of the Bible. 

Which would bring you greater pleasure, building yourself an android that looks exactly like a human child that was programmed to tell you he loves you and even gives you hugs OR a little child who unprompted crawls up in your lap and looks up and says "I love you daddy!" 

The difference is that the Android child has no choice. He must do as he is programmed. The human child could just as easily walk up and kick you in the shins. Without that alternative possibility, the hug and "I love you" just wouldn't mean as much. 

God, being God, could have created this world anyway He wanted (And did). Without allowing evil as an alternative, what would our choosing Him be worth to Him. To me not much. But, He designed everything including sending Jesus to die so that we would choose Him! That is free will and without freedom to choose evil, there is no free will. 

This to me does not mean that God creates evil. Only allows it as a part of free will BECAUSE HE LOVES US AND WANTS US TO CHOOSE HIM! It is man that chooses evil and God has built in a system for justice and judgement that deals with that choice and encourages us to repent of it. Therefore He is not really even allowing it, just not handling it as we think He should. (We wouldn't be happy if He handled it our way either) 

We also have to remember that to God a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. So even a lifetime of evil and consequences of it is but a couple hours to God. That is pretty swift justice.

April 20 2017 1 response Vote Up Share Report