1

What does Isaiah 55:11 mean?

Isaiah 55:11

ESV - 11 So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Clarify Share Report Asked January 13 2016 Mini Christine Crouse

9
God never does or permits anything without purpose or intent. Because God is sovereign over the universe, then as surely as He makes the rain to fall from heaven and bring forth food for the earth (Isaiah 55:10), His words (as found in His revelation to humanity in the Bible), intentions, and actions will be fulfilled or achieve their desired purpose, regardless of the greatest efforts that Satan, the world system that he controls, and humanity's fallen, sinful nature through which he works, may make to thwart it. In fact, even events that Satan intends for harm can be and are used by God for the ultimate benefit of His people (Romans 8:28).

January 13 2016 1 response Vote Up Share Report