1

Why does God sometimes say "no" to our requests?

Clarify Share Report Asked December 02 2015 Mini willie rusin

7
I don't know whether you are or have been a parent of young children. But, if so (and even though you unquestionably would give your life for them without hesitation, and you want them to have all good things), have you ever said "no" to requests that they made for reasons that you, even with your limited human perspective, knew were valid and substantial based on prior experience that they had not yet lived long enough to acquire? 

Have you ever said 'no' based on your greater knowledge of aspects of the overall situation that your children are not aware of, or would not yet be able to understand? 

Have you said 'no' out of your concern for their welfare, safety, or overall best interests? 

Have you said 'no' in order to help them develop qualities that characterize mature individuals, such as patience and discipline?

Then how much more so might God, Who loved us so much that He made it possible for us to live forever with Him through the death of His own Son, and furthermore did so while we were disobedient to Him through sin, and even though we are often disobedient even once saved; Who is omniscient; Who knows, even better than we do or can, what is in both our short-term and long-term best interests; Who wants His children to grow and mature spiritually; and Who also receives such requests from billions of people, at least some of whose requests are mutually exclusive, so that it would be impossible to fully grant all of them; thus say "no" to us.

And often, His response is not even a "no" (although it may seem that way to us at the time), but merely a "not yet" -- for the same reasons or purposes -- to a request that we make.

You might also fully examine the circumstances in which you find yourself to see if God is opening a door or creating an opportunity for you to receive what you are asking for, but is doing so in a manner that is other than the specific way or within the specific time frame that you had in mind when you made the request.

December 02 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini Jami Anderson
God has all the plans for our life mapped out. When he says no its because its not his plan. He will say no to prevent you from making mistakes. He will say no to say yes to something better. Gods plans are always the best and they happen on His timing, not ours! 

"Be still and know that I am God." That verse is one of my favorites because when I see that God isn't giving me a yes to my prayer, I always think about that verse and wait patiently on Him for guidance. His timing is perfect timing! God's grace is so amazing! ♡♥♡

4
Mini Agnes Stuart
Sometimes it is as James 4:3 says, "When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

December 03 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
My usual short answer to this question is rooted in a reply from my mom and dad while growing up that I heard on more than one occasion. "The answer is no because I know what is best for you!" Did you ever hear your parents tell you that? I would think you probably did. And, so it is many times in scripture that God either directly or indirectly answers a request or one's desire with a no or with a condition to have that desire granted! Like I heard probably many times while growing up, I heard my parents say "No" to many things and situations. And, because I knew how much they loved me, even though I wanted my way--as per usual--I had to be obedient as their child. That is exactly what we each as one of God's children need to understand is that "Father God knows best!"..and, that sometimes or many times the answer is "No". --Andy--

May 26 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report