What does it mean that the Shulammite had dark skin?
Song of Solomon 1:6
6 Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has looked upon me. My mother's sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards, but my own vineyard I have not kept!
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The Shulammite, the woman Solomon loves, refers to herself as having dark skin: "Do not gaze at me because I am dark" (Song of Solomon 1:6, ESV). In the NASB, she is "swarthy"; in the KJV, she is "...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible